Users can search ASPEC for specific information using listview search criteria (filters). Records that satisfy that criteria are displayed in ASPEC’s listviews. Users with Export/Report rights can export these records in a pertinent format provided by selecting an export template.
Report Profiles combine search criteria and export formats as well as provide configurations for the report’s schedule and the audience.
After the report runs, all recipients receive an email with a link to download their report files. Each file is generated to comply with the recipient’s access rights. Each recipient can also download their files from the Downloads sub-tab of the Reports tab.
Fig 1: Report page
Report page is divided into 6 following sections:
- Last Report file: the link to download the latest report.
- Report Settings: Category, Name and Language for the Column Headers. Select the language from any languages supported by ASPEC or let the language be defined by each’s recipients Locale settings.
- Report Settings: Type (Manual or Schedule). If you select Schedule then Schedule details become available. Manual reports that are saved contain a button Generate Now, located to the right of Cancel button. If the button is not available for a new Manual report, reload the page after saving. If you click that button and confirm OK, then the report is run immediately.
- Output: to select the type of record in Report On (Account,Contact etc.) and the Export Template from templates available for that record.
- Conditions: Search criteria, similar to Filter available in listviews, Available options depend on the selection in Report On.
- Recipients: choose from individual user names and/or roles. Each recipient receives a data set according to the individual access rights.
Example of setting up a report:
Lets assume that you want to print out the information about Leads for Product Widget Group/Widget 1, received last month, for Accounts in New York.
- Create a new report of clone the existing one.
- Type in a meaningful Category and Name.
- Select a Language for Column Headers.
- Decide how the report will be run: manually or on schedule. If you run the report on schedule, select Schedule Type (frequency) and, depending on Schedule Type, the start and end date, a date to run the report once or day of the week.
- Select what the output file should look like. Select a record type first, in this case Lead, then pick from the list of available templates.
- Decide what records you are searching for. In this case configure search criteria for Product (Widget Group/Widget 1), Lead ( Date Received) and Account (City).
- Select the recipients.
- Save the report.
- You can run it manually by clicking “Generate Now” button or “Run Selected Reports” in the Report listview.
Note: “Generate Now” button is available on saved reports that are in read mode. If you are editing a report, then the button is hidden. If you want to run a newly saved report, reload the report page.
Fig 2: Generate Now button
Fig 3: Run Selected Reports button